Sunday 8 November 2015

The Benefit Prime Off!

The Porefessional Face Primer 22.0ml Available Here
That Gal Face Primer 11.0ml Available Here

After trying a primer for the first time a couple of years ago, I knew there was no going back. Straight away I was able to notice my make-up and skin appearing so much smoother and my make-up staying in place for a lot longer, yes please! Since trying out many different brands and formulas of primers, nothing has impressed me quite like Benefit in the search for the perfect make-up base! Both The Porefessional and That Gal primer from Benefit have quickly become two of my favourites and so, I thought I would put them head to head to decide once and for all which is my favourite Benefit primer and why! Dun Dun Dun...

♥ Benefit The Porefessional Face Primer
The Porefessional primer is one of those products that I have repurchased over and over again and would truly recommend to anyone! The primer itself is a light weight balm with a velvety consistency which can be worn alone, under or over make-up. The formula is oil free and appears to be beige in colour but blends seamlessly into the skin with a translucent finish. As the name suggests, The Porefessional is designed to minimise the appearance of pores and fine lines. The Porefessional creates a much more flawless base for my make-up, gliding over and smoothing out the different skin textures which can come from having dry skin. (Boo!) I have also noticed that a little goes a long, long way with this product. The tiniest amount of this stuff can have my make-up set for the day, goodbye touch ups. 

♥ Benefit That Gal Brightening Primer
That Gal has become my go to primer when I want a healthy dewy complexion! A couple of twists of the base and you've got a silky pink primer that instantly eliminates any dull and tired looking skin. That Gal contains light reflecting pigments to brighten your skin tone and raspberry and camomile to soothe which is great for sensitive skin! This silky primer can be worn alone or under make-up and always leaves me looking more awake and glowy. In terms of make-up application, again, this primer gives me a lovely smooth finish and has my make-up lasting all day. Yayy!

So as I'm sure you can tell, I am a big fan of both The Porefessional and That Gal for various different reasons. I love That Gal for a healthy bright complexion and the Porefessional for a flawless base, but if I had to choose one of these as my absolute favourite Benefit primer, it would have to be The Porefessional. Although I love That Gal, you can find very similar formulations for a fraction of the price in the drugstore (hello L'Oreal Lumi Magique). Whereas I have never found such a light weight primer which can eliminate the look of dry patches and skin textures such as The Porefessional as well as keeping my make-up in place! I would highly recommend both of these primers though I find That Gal doesn't quite have the complexion benefits that The Porefessional does. See what I did there? 

Have you tried any Benefit primers?

No comments:

Post a Comment