Friday 24 January 2014

My First Fedora

Fedora: River Island
Leather Jacket: New Look
Skirt: Vintage
Shirt: Primark
Bag: Urban Outfitters
Boots: Liverpool Markets

I bought this Fedora hat over the Christmas holidays which I had my eye on for a while. I really liked how they looked on other people, but I always ended up leaving it in the shop any time I picked one up for myself. Just because it is a little out of my comfort zone. In the end I realised fashion shouldn't be about being safe. You should always experiment and try new things so you can discover more about yourself and your individual tastes! Am I right?

So yesterday I put this look together and wore my fedora for the first time. Remember what I said about experimenting? Well this one didn't turn out so good! Yesterday, Liverpool was very, very windy and I ended up holding onto my hat for dear life all day! I will make a mental note for next time not to wear my hat on windy days!

I am also starting to wear heels during the day more. I bought these black, heeled boots at a market in Liverpool and I have been loving wearing them casually. I find they make an outfit look more put together and finished, when actually you've just thrown something on and ran out the door! For a pop of print and a slight school girl touch, I wore my new vintage skirt.

What's your "out of comfort zone" look?

1 comment:

  1. Aw, this was an extremely good post. Taking a few minutes and actual effort to make a superb article…
    Wholesale Clothing Birmingham

    ReplyDelete