Monday 12 August 2013

Moments of Monochrome

Leather Jacket: New Look
Necklace: Primark
Top: Topshop
"Treggings": Topshop
Pumps: Ebay

Things have been a little different this summer. Firstly, we have had hot weather. A very rare occurrence for summer in Ireland, and secondly, instead of browsing round the shops and being blinded by bright colours, this year has hit us with monochrome. Hmm, very peculiar. 

I got these "treggings" (half trouser, half leggings) on my first trip to Leeds to visit a friend from Uni on her birthday. I tried these on in Topshop and my friends insisted that I buy them! Hence why I came home from uni this year with twice as much clothes as I left with (I left with a lot of clothes) and why I spent the last few weeks of term living off the cheapest food I could find in Tescos and Revolution's £5 nights out. 
Patterned trousers, or "treggings" as the Topshop website calls them, can be a little scary. But these ones stand out without being too OTT. 

Monochrome is a really easy look to achieve. Everyone has some black and white in their wardrobe so dig them out and recreate the simple yet chic summer trend! I've added some pops of purple to my monochrome outfit with my purple T-bar pumps and with Mac's "Up The Amp" lipstick.

Have you had a moment of monochrome yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment