Wednesday 10 July 2013

50's Fun Fair




Hair Bow: Primark
Dress: House of Fraser
Bag: Vintage
Converse: Schuh

At the minute Ireland is experiencing that very rare occasion in Summer where the sun actually comes out! When this happens, we all know that our days of sun will be limited, and so I like to make the most of the sun while it is still here. Yesterday, I went off on a spontaneous trip to the amusements because of the sudden arrival of hot weather! (Although the weather does look very dull in the second picture).

I wore this little 50's style dress that I picked up from House of Fraser last summer. It is navy with tiny white polka dots, a pleated skater skirt and a cute tie at the back that I have tied into a bow. The crossover lapels at the front with the white lining gives it a vintage feel and I love wearing it with my hair up in a bun like this. 

My hair bow has white beads all over and is an easy way to add a little something extra to everyday hair styles! I also thought it went with my dress nicely.

I found my vintage bag from a vintage fair in Derry at Easter and it has quickly become my favourite bag! It is very sturdy and in such good condition. I've been wearing it with almost everything since Easter and it is the perfect size for everyday essentials that I always carry with me, i.e. phone, purse, keys, make-up etc. After a bit of research on the brand, I found out that it is from Marks & Spencers around the 1930's!

For a modern touch to the outfit, (and for comfort purposes), I wore my white converse.

There's nothing like waking up to a lovely sunny day, especially in Ireland. When I do, I always know I'm going to be treated to a nice day out with my boyfriend with ice-cream and candy floss (my favourite, yum) galore!

Have you had any trips out in the sun this Summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment